Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Planting - Round 2

Today I got carrots (Danver's 1/2 Long), lettuce (Summer Crisp & Looseleaf Blend), spinach (Space Hybrid), and beans (Tenderpod) planted. I definitely needed to get the carrots in since it takes them around 75 days until harvest. I am excited about the spinach and lettuce. They are one of my favorites.

Today's seeds join these already planted guys - garlic, onions (3 varieties), potatoes, peppers (green, yellow and red) and tomatoes (heirloom, roma and big boy). I tried to start the tomatoes and peppers from seeds, but they died about two weeks after. Not sure why, but they just weren't hearty. So I cheated and went and bought already "in-progress" plants.

I still need to till up the space for the sweet corn, sweat peas, cucumbers, watermelon, radishes, etc. I need to do that by Sunday. We have family coming in from out of state and want to show off our hard work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment